A Fundamental Algorithm for Dependency Parsing
Notes of Content:
- 1. phrase-structure (constituency) parser v.s. dependency parsing.
- 2. constituency grammar v.s. dependency grammar.
- 3. Dependency tree:
- if two words are connected by a dependency relation:they are head and dependent, connected by the link
- in the dependency tree, constituents (phrases) still exist.
- 4. year of 1965, it is proved that dependency grammar and constituency grammar are strongly equivalent - that they can generate the same sentences and make the same structural claims about them - provided the constituency grammar is restricted in a particular way.